Asgard vsti, is a sampler (sample bank), and a Virtual Viking instrument created by Danheim.
It includes everything from the most powerful drums, which almost echoes into Asgard itself.
Bowed lyre drones, tagelharpa drones, dark textures, percussions and every other instrument you can imagine from the Viking age.
– Authentic excavated antique Viking objects were recorded and sampled for Asgard. This is the first time since C.850-1050 AD, that these amazing objects will be heard again, and now come to life through sound and music.
Here is a list of instruments and banks included:
Drums of the North (Viking drum samples)
Deer Antlers (Percussion)
Digitally Modified Ancient Drums (Powerful Viking drum samples)
Real human bones
Various Dark Drones
Cow Horns, Lur and more (Gallehus, Revheim, Neverlur)
Deep bass (created by voice)
Ambient nature soundscapes
Flutes & Pipes (Falster Pibe, Red deer)
– and much more
Authentic & Antique Viking objects sound-recorded for percussion and FX:
* Viking Beads C.850-1050 AD
* Viking Shield Stud 8th-10th Century
* Viking Pouch Knife -Norway, 9th-11th Century
* Very Rare Viking Ringjern 850-1050 AD (iron ring which is thought to represent an enemy and ritually destroyed by breaking with stones or a being a ring of honor)
Breaking iron objects might have had specific supernatural significance to Vikings. The ritual is shown on the Lärbro stone in Gotland, Sweden.
* Viking Horseshoe 8th-11th Century
The sampler can be used for both movie soundtrack production, or your own personal projects/songs.
Asgard also includes a simple reverb, high pass/low pass filter and pitch bend.
– we do however recommend that you use third-party effects for the best results since this samplers main focus is sounds recorded and edited by Danheim.
Available for both for MAC and Windows 32/64 bit.
Release date: 2019
Please note: You also get all future updates for free – which includes new presets and sounds, improvements and bug fixes.
Viking instrument VST